Saturday, December 10, 2005

Year-end Reflections

I just realized that it's been 1 year since I started this blog. Time really flies.

Not sure if anyone bothered to read my entries or follow my few sporadic rants. But it doesn't really matter. This is where I come to dump thots and feelings that can't be shared with anyone I know anyway.

This being the end of another year, most people become reflective and ponder on what has happened in the year, and I am no different.

It has been a sad year for me. My career (if you can even call it that) has steadily spiraled downwards no matter what I tried to do to revive it. My marriage has come to a flat, boring and cold plateau (not that it was very exciting before). My circle of friends has dwindled to almost non-existent.

It doesn't sound very good but to be fair there were good times also.

I came in 1st in my Jap class exams and got the best student award. We went for a nice short holiday on a cruise and had a great time. My works were very appreciated and there were talks about the possibility of an exhibition in Europe. I found an independent source of income that could really boost my financial situation in the new year.

So actually things are not that grim afterall. I've got 1 more year in my prime and I intend to make full use of it!

2 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Hi
I like to leave a comment when I've read someone's blog for the first time; sounds like you had a harrowing year. 2006 can only be better-and I for one am never going to burn my house down again. I'll make sure of it.

Miss Construed... said...

Hello again Riva

Thanx for your comment on my blog- i will look up the site you mentioned for a look.

You might be interested-or not-to know my sister is called Reevaw-another reason why I left a post perhaps? I don't know if your name is the same pronunciation as hers- but I do know that your variation is not very common either- at least not here in Australia. Is it also a derivative of Rebecca? My older sister is a Rebekah. Oh well now I've prattled on I'll read your blog some more.

I noticed you linked my site to your blog- thanks. I'd do the same for you but alas I have no computing skills and must rely on my 13 year old to even copy and paste.

Anyway...have a nice xmas etc.