Monday, January 10, 2005

Futile Yearnings

I was a fool to think that I was noble enough to accept him being shorter and physically smaller than me. I was such a fool.

I can't accept it!

How I long to have a strong chest to lean against when I'm standing up. To be hugged by strong arms. To feel safe and protected.

I will always have this shadow in my heart as long as I'm with him. The only time I can hope to deceive myself into seeking comfort in his arms is when we are in bed, when our difference in height is not that apparent, when I can pretend that he is taller than me.

How do I put into words the pain, the longing and the guilt that I feel everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We men come in all shapes and sizes. We apologise that this particular model can't be traded in or replaced at this time, due to the current models inability to accept size as being the measure of a man.

As for big men with hairy chests and knuckles that drag along the ground - most of the ones I've known are brutal, arrogant bullies. I wish you luck in finding a gentle giant.

David
http://sharp.pencils.ws